Saturday, May 7, 2011

Whatif

Last night, while I lay thinking here,

some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
and pranced and partied all night long
and sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow talle?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems well, and then
the nighttime Whatifs strike again!


By Shel Silverstein.

Sometimes I wish that I could write poetry. But I dont have the time, patience, or vocabulary for such a thing. So instead I just admire other peoples poetry :) One of my favorite poets (besides Edgar Allen Poe) would be Shel Silverstein. He writes in a mcuh different style than Poe, but either way I love his writing. He writes more for kids and such, but who isnt still a kid at heart. Heck, Im only 14. I think I still count as a kid. So if you dont know about Silverstein then I suggest looking him up.
PS I chose this poem because I remember in 3rd grade when I had to memorize it :)


Btw. I apoligize that I dont post that often anymore. For a little bit I was trying to be better, but alone with horses, school, and parties I just dont have the time. I have recently found out how to delay the posting of my blogs so when I have alot of time, I will write a couple blogs and set them to post at a later date.
Thank you.

Con mucho Amor :)
Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You Sooooo Much For Your Lovely Comments!! I Love To See What You Think! Keep Them Coming!!!